Friday, October 10, 2008

The art of television


OK just so you know... THIS was the best part of the entire show we attended on Tuesday. Note* Never attend a "taping" of a live show. IT SUCKS! Why you wonder? Well this show sucked because apparently the hosts were laden with attitudes toward each other. Maybe a too hot "hot topics" on the live show before this one? I don't know but it was just, well... It was just awful.

The round table discussion was scripted! The ladies all had their panties in a bunch and the whole atmosphere was COLD!!! The dude that warmed up the audience told us that during commercial breaks the ladies would come to talk to us and we could take pictures with them. Ummmm, only Whoppi went to an elderly black woman who was preselected. Sherri came out once and just kinda walked around. E and J just ran behind the set until they got their on-air call. It was really pathetic. Nothing like it appears to be on TV.
Here is a moment that seemed like the claws would be released. Mighta been more fun if that HAD happened. Guests were Maggie Gyllenhaal who was promoting some "natural clothes" They asked her all about Keith Ledger and she was pissed off about it. We saw the clothes and thought hmmmmmmm, gift certificate. UMMM no. Second segment was 5 new foods. Ready? "my husband's nuts", some kind of caramels, some beef jerky bits, cashew juice, beer and clamato juice mix and ummm, something else that I can't remember. THAT we got at the end of the show. Third guest was Tristan Rogers, a cast member of General Hospital from the 70's, c'mon you remember Robert Scorpio (I don't!, lol) He's on a new show that airs on soapnet, a nightime GH or something. Show ended and they brought the same lady Whoppi spoke with to meet Tristian and then they all disappeared.
Yes, that was the long and short of it. The first show, the one that we didn't have tickets for had Sarah Silvermann on who gave a DVD to everyone. They also got a BLACKBERRY and free service for a year AND a Gift card to 1-800 flowers and a floral arrangement to take home! The sad part of THAT was we saw all those folks happily leaving the show and got kinda worked up about what kind of surprises were in store for us. UMMMMMMMM 5 new food. Oh and I forgot to tell you Whoppi THREW the food into the audience pretty much AT us. It was ridiculous.
The show airs today, Friday, don't watch it. I wrote a letter to Billy Geddys and told him just how disappointing the whole experience was for all of us. Everyone who was there felt the same way. I mean yeah, gifts are just THAT gifts and you can't always get one, I get that! But, the ultimate disappointment was the lack of enthusiasm and the frigid climate. Lack of hospitality and personality and feeling like an unwanted guest was just pathetic!
Ewwwwwwwwww to YOU, the View!
Ugh! This entry is a mess. Will someone please tell me how to put space between paragraphs!!!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Sorry you had a bad show Maggie, it would have been so nice for you to have it been fun and full of laughs. Personally, I can't stand any of those women on that show...I find them all arrogant and egotistical, so it doesn't suprise me that they acted this way, but I am very, very, sorry the day didn't go better for you. How's things with Mom?

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Diana said...

I'm not a fan of the View either. But I'm surprised that it was very cold and unpleasant. It would have been great to leave with gifts. Sorry there weren't better guests on it at least. I hope the rest of your day with your nieces went better.

Hugs,

Diana

Eva said...

Awww I know it was bad for you but you have to laugh at it to. I mean it just goes to show you how fake everything is.

Sherry said...

I am sorry you had a bad time , I often wondered what happen at those tapings now I know I won't bother lol
hugs
Sherry